A lot has changed in the past year. And, I think that reflecting on these changes will help me appreciate them more fully.
So, in the past year I ...
* graduated from college.
* met Alex.
* began my first real job (as a 6th grade teacher).
* lost 15 pounds.
* moved in with the amazing Barker family.
* began paying back school loans.
* learned to love my cell phone.
* feared for my life on country roads.
* said goodbye to some of my closest friends at NWC.
* lost the desire to teach.
* moved back home.
* returned to my 'home' church.
* worked in a new school with new kids for the summer.
* made a variety of new friends in Faribault.
* began a new job in a preschool.
* found new roommates to live with.
* put thousands of miles on my car.
* cried more than I had in the previous 23 years.
* ...
In looking back, I can see God clearly moving, although not always (actually, rarely ever...) in the way I expected. He is so faithful, even when I so clearly do not deserve it. It is refreshing to know that despite all I do, God will never leave me. His love will NEVER leave me.
This leaves me excited for the new year ahead. I anticipate many changes and difficult decisions to be made. But, I know that God WILL be faithful to lead me, just as He has done in the past.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are brave to take stock of the past year. If I write down all the changes of the past year for me, I think I would probably have a panic attack.
Post a Comment