For those who are interested, here is an update on my life:
Home: On June 1st I moved into an amazing two-bedroom apartment with one of my previous rooomates, Krista, whom I had met through craigslist. She is amazing, to say the least! We are both definitely minimalists when it comes to decorating and we are both CLEAN, which is a huge blessing compared to our previous housing experience! Our apartment complex has two outdoor pools, which I have used to my advantage daily. I'm working on my tan while reading some fantastic books. The latest was A Thousand Splendid Suns. Amazing. My youngest brother Josh visits several times a week as does Jen. It's great catching up with them.
Family: It's so great living in the cities by my family. My dad is still trying to adjust to life after his heart attack. He was told a month ago that he may need a pace maker. Thankfully his job provides amazing health insurance, so I'm just praying he follows the doctor's advice. My mother is as crazy as ever. She still enjoys her job and spends hours on her new Wii. Jen has one semester left at St. Thomas and is moving into a new apartment with some girls I found for her on craigslist. Both of the boys are also working for Kidstop this summer, so we frequently share crazy-kid stories!
Work: I am working for Kidstop yet again...my 7th summer! We have 85 5th-7th graders in our group. And, they definitely keep us busy! I was given extra hours to work one-on-one with a 7th grade boy in the afternoons. This is a HUGE blessing. I am excited for the challenge this will present. But, I am definitely excited to return to the preschoolers in the fall. I love the little ones!
Faith: I am teaching sunday school in the preschool classroom at church, but it's hard to get my heart into it. I am feeling incredibly apathetic in my faith right now, and I am thinking of looking for a new church. We'll see.
Well, that's about it. I'm hoping to fix up one of my parent's bikes and start biking...save some gas money! My uncle told me about a website called carsarecoffins. Think I may check it out! I also recently found the farmer's market. What fun!! It may just be my new favorite place to go! But, life is good. God is good.
And, I CANNOT wait for our unofficial college roommate reunion at the end of August!!!! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i'm glad you're doing well! it was fun to read a short update on your life :-)
miss you and our long talks!
~betsy
THANK YOU!!!! So good to hear what's going on in your life, Steph :) Love you and miss you and can't wait to see you!
Vinny, I think we should start a Bible study or something. Meet weekly or once every other week? Share thoughts? Grow a little? Eat a little? I miss you.
ok steph. so i "can't" stalk you on facebook as i gave that up for class....and i'm missing knowing what's going on! keep me updated. love you so much!
leah
Post a Comment