I am pretty sure that today was the best work day I have had yet this year.
This is what went down:
1. I slept in an extra half hour and still got to work ridiculously early.
2. I had time to curl my hair! And, curly hair is a clear indication that it's going to be a good day.
3. It was absolutely the most brilliant, beautiful morning I have ever seen. As I drove to school, there was a spectacular sun rise. I am not exaggerating when I say that I was so in awe that I almost had to pull over. The sky was this fantastic array of gray, white, blue, pink, white with a huge moon in the middle. The trees looked like they were covered in crystals and literally gleamed in the sun. After about 15 minutes, I suddenly ran into a wall of fog. I could see no more than maybe ten feet in front of me, but it only lasted about 3 minutes. Then, I suddenly appeared in a clearing only to see a parade of tractors crossing the highway! The rest of the way to school was amazing, because the fog hung thick around the tops of the trees. It was like having the sky literally right about your head. It was amazing to say the least.
4. My students took their first unit test today, so I had very little preparation to do this morning. And what work I did have to do, my students helped me with!
5. Since my students took a test, I was able to work individually with many students. I love this!
6. At the end of study hall, I took my homeroom out to the high school parking lot to look at all the tractors the FFA boys drove to school today (from the parade I mentioned earlier). It was fantastic being out in the fresh air and NOT freezing!! The kids apparently enjoyed themselves as well. I think they like me just a tiny bit more now!
7. Chase said, "Ms. Stromgren, when you first visited us before Christmas, I thought you were going to be like all other new teachers. Boring and strict. But, you aren't! You are nice and fun. You are awesome!"
8. Dominick: "Ms. Stromgren, you are the weirdest teacher I've ever had! You aren't like the other teachers at all!"
9. McKayla gave me a cookie, a 2-foot pixie stick, and a ring pop. Sugar. Sugar. Sugar. What's not to love about that? Later, after school, she brought her little sister to my room, so I could meet her. I love it when kids actually want me to meet their families!
10. Danielle, fascinated by my fascination with tractors, invited me to her house this summer so I could fully appreciate what it is like to live on a farm!
To summarize: Today included beautiful weather, enjoyable students, good food, and new experiences.
This brings me joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't weather strange, and yet beautiful? Last night was clear and beautiful, and I could see stars like I wasn't even in the city. Then this morning when I woke up, it was so foggy that I could barely see the road. I'm just lucky that I'm familiar with the route to work, because you couldn't see stop signs or stop lights until it was too late, if you didn't already know they were there. It was scary, but really, really beautiful.
i hope you floofed your hair ;-)
Post a Comment