Sunday, August 24, 2008

For the love.

On this exact day for the last five years, I was in Iowa beginning a new semester of classes. Meeting new people. Living with friends. Reading massive numbers of books. Thinking. Conversing. Debating. Learning.

Now, here I am. At home. On the couch. With basically the exact same job I had in high school.

And, I find myself missing the former.

I miss classes. I really do! Expanding my mind. Learning about the world and all the wonderfully beautiful people who live in it.

I miss living in an apartment with three to five other girls. Sharing one bathroom. Dancing in the living room. Talking. Always talking.

I miss the unconditional acceptance that I not only felt but truly believed was there for me. The wholehearted, carefree manner in which I could be myself - truly myself - and know that, despite every one of my inadeqacies, I would still be loved and valued.

I miss you, friends! You changed my life for the better.

4 comments:

aubrey said...

I'm with you. seriously.

...see you in TWO WEEKS! :)

Unknown said...

i couldn't help but have those same feelings this weekend. perhaps we should form a long distance book club or something? i miss learning! i miss you! hopefully, we will be reunited during turkey day!

Anonymous said...

i miss you!! and those things too!!

it's weird having my bro, sis, and fiance at nwc w/out me....it's a really strange thought...

i hope i can see you soon - i AM planning to come to minneapolis sometime, possible in sept after aubrey moves!! :-)

~betsy

Kate said...

I miss the drive to NWC with the 'rents, but I miss our trips home and back even more. It's been too long. AT some point, we should roadtrip down to Leah and see baby Faith! Seriously, we should plan it. SERIOUSLY.