I realized today that it is going to take some time for me to get adjusted to working with four year olds.
They do not know how to line up, much less what a line should look like. My students swerved through the hallways, stomping and laughing from point A to B.
Four year olds also cannot comprehend the point of raising hands. They flail their arms in the air, yelling the answers at the top of their lungs.
Ahh...four year old children. Such a big jump from the hormonal pre-teens I worked with over the past few years.
But, I love them nonetheless.
They give hugs when they leave school and sincerely can't wait to come back the next day.
They laugh a lot. Make silly faces. Speak incoherently.
It is going to be a good year. I can feel it already! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yay! i have a big heart for preschool children. they are the reason i kept coming to daycare-- because they cheered when i came in the room & literally ran to give me hugs... even though i worked with the older kids. now i miss them all!
in other news... i miss you.
that's all.
Steph! I miss you! We gotta plan something.
ok....time for an update....i've read about preschool quite a few times...and i'm needing a little more :) miss you and love you steph.
Post a Comment