Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chickpeas.

"You shouldn't, and can't, compete with people who have been making hummus all their lives."

Thus begins the adventure...

After eating at Chipotle this past weekend, I decided to become a vegetarian for ... we'll see how long. No, the food was not so horrible that it drove me from my former carniverous state. Rather, I realized that eating meals without meat is, well, delicious. (Thanks, Aubrey, for introducing me to the vegetarian burrito!) So, now I am experimenting with crazy foods like tofu, chickpeas, and edamame...all of which I so far thoroughly enjoy. Creativity is difficult, however, when one has absolutely no cooking skills and lives on a ridiculously tight budget (because I spend my extra money on clothes and NOT food!). The internet, though, is quite amazing. Tonight I found a few videos on preparing tofu in stir-fry and some recipes for making hummus. What an evening of fun!

And the adventure begins.

No comments: