I have recently read two AMAZING books: The Kite Runner and The Shack. I would highly recommend both.
The Kite Runner is painfully beautiful. There were days when I could only read a few pages because it tugged at my heart so strongly. After many tears, I reached the end, which was beautifully redemptive. Good can come from evil. People can change. Love can heal all wounds. Please read!
The Shack was a bit lofty at times but gave an incredible picture of the Trinity. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit show themselvest to a man who is completely broken, and the resulting encounter is truly beautiful.
I am now going to read A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. More tears will undoubtedly be shed. God just continues to break my heart through the stories I read. I pray that God would instill greater compassion within me: that I wouldn't just feel, but that I would act as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I haven't read The Shack, but I've read the others. A Long Way Gone was challenging, but it's very good. I enjoyed it when I read it a couple years ago. Might be time for a re-read, in fact!
~Amanda Allen
Post a Comment