Just when I think I cannot make it through the rest of the school day, I see my students and they remind me why I am here.
My day was crazy to say the least because we had an award ceremony in the morning. So, my first block was 30 minutes, the second was an hour and 10 minutes, while the third was 40 minutes. How am I supposed to keep three classes on the same schedule when the day is like that? It was really frustrating! But, I just continue to learn that the only way to make it through alive and sane is to roll with the punches. So, I did. And, I will once again share some stories about my students because they are pretty much my life right now.
* "What is that?" McKayla asks while pointing to a breathing apparatus. "Pneumonia!" yells Tristan. No, it's just been used by someone who once had pneumonia...6 years ago!
* During a rousing conversation with a group of my students I ask, "Why would you kiss someone on a first date?" Little Colin looks up at me, "Why wouldn't you?" Point well taken.
* After a particularly frustrating moment in class I ak, "Why don't you all just listen to me?" Jennifer responds, "Because we like you. You're cool!" They feel far too comfortable in my classroom!
* After a conversation about Alex (yes, you, Alex!), Cristian kindly states, "I have a therapist, Ms. Stromgren. I can give you his number." And, Dominique pipes up, "Ms. Stromgren, if you ever need anyone to talk to, I am here for you!"
*During a rather crazy study hall, Cobi looks up at me sadly and shakes her head, "I'd be stressed if I were you, Ms. Stromgren."
They stress me out to no end but also make me laugh a lot. But, like I said, you just have to roll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment