Today was frustrating to say the least. I was unprepared. Tired. Crabby. Impatient. My lesson went awry. The kids were unbelievably distracted and hyper. Honestly, it was a struggle to get through the morning. But, then, I told myself to shape up and changed my attitude. Amazingly, the rest of the day went much better. My kids were psycho during study hall, but that was to be expected for a Friday afternoon. Overall, I am just starting to figure out what 6th graders enjoy...what peaks their interest. This is my list so far:
* Stories of pain...especially visits to the hospital, bone fractures, concussions, surgery...
* Anything having to do with DDR or Guitar Hero
* Sports
* Food
* Competition
I am also experiencing what it is like to be a pre-teen:
* Little to no attention span
* Easily embarrassed: my favorite moments so far were when I displayed a picture of the gluteus maximus, gave the kids an article with the word uterus in it, and had them hold hands in a circle for an activity...what fun for me!
* Attention-seekers. I go home exhausted, because they are constantly telling me stories. I love it!
So, this is what I have learned thus far. I'm sure more will come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment