Today. There are few words that can describe some of today's events. But, I will try to because they are too good not to share.
1. While I walk through the cafeteria to drop off my lunch dishes in the kitchen, eighth grade boys whistle at me. I am not joking. I've heard them make comments before, but I've never seen/heard them be this brazen. What am I supposed to do? I'm certainly not going to say anything to them, because that will just make the problem worse. But, do I tell the principal? "Ummm. Excuse me. The boys whistle at me in the hallway." I'm sure that would go over well!
2. During study hall, I receive a note on my desk that says, "Meet me in the hallway." Once in the hallway, Kendra mentions that she wants a picture of me to give her uncle. I declined, because I am pretty sure that is crossing so many lines.
3. Andrew yells, "Ms. S, this is not me talking, but the girls. They told me to ask you this. Do you want to go on a date?" No, I reply. You cannot ask me those kinds of questions. They are inappropriate. "But, we don't want you to be lonely!" he states. How, I ask, can I be lonely when I have 65 sixth grade students to talk to every day?! It's cute that they are so concerned about me!
4. "Ms. Stromgren, are you going on a date with Chase?" No, I reply, it's called a parent-teacher conference with his mom. "But, Chase thinks you are cute!" a student says. "Well, don't leave me out!" Dominick yells. "I think she's cute too!" Wow. So inappropriate on so many levels. Sometimes I don't know how else to react but to laugh and tell them to change the conversation!
Boys. They make my life so interesting. What would I do without them?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is for Alex: My dear Alex please don't get jealous over the vast amount of attention Steph is getting from the boys at school. Remember they are 10 to 11 years younger. On the other hand you might want to be concerned about the Hot Iowan Uncle. Fact: Hog farmer = money! I'm on your side Alex! But I must be careful not to look too far ahead, don't want to freak anyone out.
Don't leave me out. I think you're cute too. :)
I miss you Steph. You are the only one who completely understands my nice/angry personality. And I haven't rollerbladed in forever, because no one will go with me. I can't wait for you to come home again!
Post a Comment