Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So. Much. To. Do.

I sent in my first application today for an elementary teaching position in Austin, MN. By the end of the week, I also hope to have an application sent in to Jackson, MN (Yes, Alex, Jackson!) I also found about 20 more places to apply but am feeling lazy. Very lazy.

By Friday I must also have my first five weeks of planning done for this summer. And, I just cannot motivate myself to finish. By the time I'm done planning for my next school day, I have little mental energy left. Very little mental energy.

But, life moves on. Here's a cute dialogue I overheard today while my students were creating their physics comic strips.

*Cristian: "Ms. Stromgren, we should watch 'The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift!' There are tons of cars in that movie. Oh, and there's friction! And motion!"
* I give him a quizzical look...that shows him I'm just a little skeptical about that idea.
* Cristian: "And...there's a little violence. Oh, and little girls in mini-skirts!." At this point, he is blushing and definitely not looking me in the eyes! "But, it's okay, Ms. Stromgren, us guys could plug our ears!"
* I laugh hysterically.
* Cristian: "I mean, close our eyes! CLOSE OUR EYES!" He yells. "But, I'd be like this..." He whispers as he opens his fingers in front of his not-so-closed eyes!

Ahh! I just love these kids!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Steph, thank you for sharing your wonderfully random and hilarious teaching experiences with us!! Your kids sound amazing and they obviously really like you! Good luck with teaching applications...I'll be praying you find just the PERFECT spot for you. I'm glad you have a blog - it's not as good as Fridays at Hemingway's for keeping in touch, but it'll do :)

Katie said...

Steph, my sister said to apply for individual jobs within the district (at least that's what she did). She'll put in a good word for you if you apply up here.
I love you and I'll be praying for the job hunt!